Deviled eggs have been a beloved appetizer at gatherings for generations.
These bite-sized morsels are ideal finger food with a creamy, tangy filling nestled within a perfectly cooked egg white.
Look no further than our ultimate deviled eggs recipe to level up your next party or family gathering.
This twist on the classic dish incorporates trendy, mouthwatering flavors that will leave your taste buds craving more!
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp pickle juice (dill or sweet, depending on your preference)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapeños
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- Prep your eggs: Place them in a large pot and fill them with enough cold water to cover them by an inch. Bring the water to a rolling boil, remove the pot from heat, cover it, and let the eggs sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Ice bath: While cooking eggs, prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice and cold water. Once the eggs are done, transfer them to the ice bath with a slotted spoon. Let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs: Gently crack and peel the eggs under running water to help remove the shells. Pat the eggs dry with a paper towel.
- Halve the eggs: Carefully cut each egg in half lengthwise using a sharp knife. Gently remove the yolks and place them in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set the egg whites aside on a serving platter.
- Make the filling: In the mixing bowl with the egg yolks, add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, pickle juice, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder—season with salt and black pepper to taste. Mix everything until smooth and creamy.
- Add a kick: Stir in the chopped pickled jalapeños for a zesty, trendy twist that will elevate your deviled eggs to the next level.
- Fill the egg whites: Using a spoon or a piping bag fitted with a star tip, fill each egg white half with a heaping spoonful of the yolk mixture.
- Garnish and serve: To make your deviled eggs look as amazing as they taste, sprinkle a pinch of smoked paprika, and add a few fresh chives for garnish. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This ultimate deviled eggs recipe is a game-changer for any party or gathering.
With a tangy, creamy filling and a kick of spice from pickled jalapeños, your guests will rave about these flavor-packed bites.
So, go ahead and give this trendy spin on a classic favorite a try – you will not be disappointed!