Become a Department of Education peer reviewer to shape future education policies in elementary, secondary, and postsecondary sectors.
Table of Contents
The U.S. Department of Education is calling for professionals in education to join its esteemed panel of peer reviewers.
This unique opportunity offers a valuable credential and plays a pivotal role in shaping the educational landscape.
What is a Peer Reviewer?
Peer reviewers are external education professionals and practitioners collaborating annually to evaluate and score applications submitted for various education-related competitions.
They assess these applications based on specific criteria and priorities set for each competition.
The Role and Responsibilities
As a peer reviewer, your responsibilities include:
- Evaluating Applications: You will provide thorough evaluations of application quality.
- Scoring: Applications will be scored against competition-specific criteria and priorities.
- Influencing Decisions: Your scores and evaluations will inform the Secretary’s funding decisions.
Benefits of Being a Peer Reviewer
Becoming a peer reviewer comes with numerous benefits, such as:
- Development and Networking: Engage and learn from other noted education colleagues.
- Service: Provide valuable service to the education community by offering your unique expertise.
- Innovation: Be exposed to new and innovative ideas in the field of education.
- Influence: Play a direct role in influencing funding decisions related to education.
Areas of Expertise
The Department of Education is seeking peer reviewers in various areas, including:
- Office of Elementary & Secondary Education
- Office of Postsecondary Education
- Office of Special Education & Rehabilitative Services
- Office of English Language Acquisition
- Office of Career, Technical, & Adult Education
How to Apply
Please review the above notice if you are interested in serving as a peer reviewer and possess expertise in these areas.
Additionally, visit the program web pages of the grant programs that align with your area of expertise for more details.
Invitation to Join
This is an open invitation for professionals passionate about education and looking to contribute significantly to the field.
As a peer reviewer, your input and expertise will help shape the future of education, making a lasting impact on generations to come.
Take this opportunity to become a part of a network of professionals committed to excellence in education.
Your contributions as a peer reviewer are not just valued; they are instrumental in advancing educational standards and practices.
Review the notice and explore the program web pages today.
Your expertise and insight could be the key to unlocking new educational potentials and pathways.
|Office of Elementary & Secondary Education
|Elementary & Secondary Education
|Office of Postsecondary Education
|U.S. Department of Education
|Office of Special Education & Rehabilitative Services
|Office of English Language Acquisition
|Office of Career, Technical, & Adult Education